January 21, 2009

The First Post and A Bit About The Blog

A bit about me... the author.  I have been a photographer for years and have used film SLR's as well as Digital SLR cameras.  I have almost completely switched over to digital except for landscapes.  I still believe that nothing, as of yet, can reproduce a landscape better than an medium format film camera.  Not too long ago I decided to become a full time freelance photographer.  I own my own business in South Carolina and also have my own website, where some of my pictures may be ordered.  

I am a dedicated Nikon man but have nothing against anyone who uses Canon or any of the other fine brands of cameras that are on the market.  I also know that even though Nikon may not be on the cutting edge of technology they are not very far behind.  The cameras that Nikon builds are also much more durable than other brands and seem to stand up to the punishment I dole out on them.  All that to say, I have nothing against other brands of cameras but my posts may be biased toward Nikon.  

This blog is open to responses to my posts but please do not use your posts to argue or be degrading about anything because that is not what this blog is about.  This blog is however about camera tips, tricks, and shooting styles.  If you feel like any post I have posted is not correct or if you have differing views please feel free to post, but just remember to keep your posts clean or they will be deleted.  Also, if you have any questions please feel free to ask them and I will do my best to answer.  Just remember that nobody knows every thing about photography so if I don't know the answer I will do my best to find the answer.

So lets get started having fun and shooting pictures together,

Jacob

3 comments:

  1. Great blog - very eye appealing. Keep these tips coming. Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making the transition from my old Canon film SLR (A1 model) to digital SLR (EOS). I haven't taken the time to learn its capabilities yet, and it's an adjustment. Your blog is going to come in handy, I can tell.

    Also, I agree with your comments about film for landscapes . . .There's just a richness there that I think is lost in digital.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buying a Nikon digital camera is very good deciat this time.In digital camera so many features are included like saving photos in memory sticks,we can show photos at a time.

    r4 card

    ReplyDelete